Saturday, January 22, 2011

week 03 B

I was not able to get the male Grobo's clothes and accessories done for Thursday. I was hoping I could get them done in class after the presentations, but there were a lot of people-- plus, lecture.
I already have a start on my female character, so I should be able to catch back up.

During my presentation, my colleagues quickly spotted deformities that I had not. My Grobo's neck and butt were too flat. These can be easily scaled out.

In class, I learned that if a body is modeled in segments, the joints can be filled in simply by exporting out of Max, importing into Z-brush, then re-exporting and importing back into Max.
I haven't tested it yet, though. So, I'd like to see how it works.

We also learned how to face model. I guess the face can be attached to the head. Two methods were shown. One used planes. The other used splines. I think I prefer the spline method, just because it is easier to see. The thing to remember with splines, however, is that the result should be converted to an editable mesh when finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment